“Win a $100 Gift Credit” Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The “Win a $100 Gift Credit” Contest (the “Contest”) starts at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 19, 2008 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on June 24, 2008 (the “Promotion Period”). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. The Contest is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 49 United States, and District of Columbia (excluding residents of Arizona, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in his/her state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry. Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Contest, performed services for Sponsor, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Mechanically altered or reproduced Entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Contest or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/worst-gifts during the Promotion Period, and submit a comment of 100 words or fewer describing the worst gift you’ve ever received, and why. If your answer is selected as a winner, Women’s Health will email you using the address affiliated with your user profile, and request further information about your name, date of birth, and street address. You must respond to this email with the following information in order to win: first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), date of birth. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET on June 24, 2008. Limit of one entry per person. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/worst-gifts will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All Entry Material/Entries you submit must be original to entrant alone, not copied or plagiarized, and cannot have been submitted to or published by any other publication, and you must own all copyrights in the Entry Material/Entry, have full rights and authority to grant Rodale Inc. the rights, title, interests and copyrights to use the Entry Material/Entry, as provided in the Official Rules, and have acquired any necessary releases with respect to the Entry Material/Entry. Any Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules are void and will not be considered for this Contest.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA; WINNER SELECTION: The winner of the Contest will be determined on or about June 24, 2008. The winner of the Contest will be chosen based on humor, originality, creativity, eloquence of writing style, grammar, and relevance to the topic: “What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received”.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified by e-mail using the information provided in his/her user profile, on or about June 24, 2008. Sponsor will then send to potential winner(s) by e-mail at the address on his/her Entry, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (the “Affidavit”). In order to redeem his/her prize, potential winner(s) shall sign, have notarized, and return to Sponsor the Affidavit within fourteen (14) days from the date Sponsor sent the Affidavit. Any guest (his/her parent/legal guardian if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) shall sign, have notarized and return to Sponsor a Liability Release, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsor requires within fourteen (14) days after receipt by the potential winner(s). In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Contest and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant’s e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the Contest, it is the entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the prize is $100 and consists of one $100 gift credit to gifts.com. All expenses not specifically listed herein, including, but not limited to, sales taxes, gratuities, meals, and all incidental expenses, or any expenses incurred in excess of the limits stated herein, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the winner.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries/Entry Materials that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries/Entry Materials, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any Web sites promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or select winner(s) to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/worst-gifts.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of the prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the County of Lehigh, Pennsylvania. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
9. LIST OF WINNERS; FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES/CONTESTS: A winners’ list will be posted on the Web Site on or about June 25, 2008 or to receive a list of the winners after June 25, 2008 by mail send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed, to: “Win a $100 Gift Credit” Contest, Rodale Inc., 733 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017. Attn: Jay Ehrlich or by e-mail send an e-mail to [email protected] and in the body of the e-mail type: Please e-mail me the winner’s list for the “Win a $100 Gift Credit” Contest
10. SPONSORS: The Sponsor of the Contest is Rodale Inc., 33 East Minor Street, Emmaus, PA 18098-0099.
$100 gift credit to gifts.com
NUMBER OF PRIZES
ODDS OF WINNING
Depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Card counters, casinos battle to tilt the odds
- Know Your Officials
- GT Academy Finale on Speed Tues. at 10PM ET, Live Twitter Viewing Party (with Prizes!)
- Dupli-Color Restoration Challenge 2009 – Chance At $10,000
- Court Report: From Sister Jean to UMBC to federal convictions, it's the college hoops 2018 year in review
- The Drag Safari – Dawn Of The Drags!
- FMIA: Championship Sunday Results in a Rams-Patriots Super Bowl; Tom Brady: ‘We’ll Remember This Forever’
- FMIA: Amazing, crazy games lead to Rams-Patriots Super Bowl; Tom Brady: ‘We’ll Remember This Forever’
- FMIA: The Combine Names to Know and How NFL Might Handle Kraft
- FMIA: Teamwork, Technology and How The NFL Came Together to Use Instant Replay on Pass Interference
"Win a $100 Gift Card" Official Rules have 2532 words, post on www.womenshealthmag.com at May 19, 2008. This is cached page on World News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.