The party may have been How to Train Your Dragon-themed, but Jennifer Garner is now learning how not to embarrass your child!
On Thursday, the actress shared a sweet photo on Instagram from her son Samuel‘s movie-inspired 7th birthday party.
In honor of the bash, Garner, 46, dressed up as Astrid from the animated film, wearing blue and orange face paint, a fur shawl, arm sleeves, a pointy, leather skirt with leggings underneath, and fur boots.
But as she went to present her son with a chocolate cake featuring the dragon Toothless’ eyes around the edges, Garner found out the hard way that her son was already becoming embarrassed.
“Well, guess what. It turns out 7 is the age my kid stops thinking it’s cool when I dress up for the party,” she captioned the happy photo.
Garner jokingly added in the hashtags that her youngest child had his “first eye roll” at the party and even asked her followers, “anyone need an Astrid?” along with a facepalm and Grandma emoji.
She also tagged America Ferrera in the post, who voiced the character of Astrid in the animated drama/fantasy.
In response, Ferrera commended the Camping star for her efforts. “Ahhhh!!!! Yeeeeessss!!! AMAZING @jennifer.garner as ASTRID!!” she wrote in support over the original post on her Instagram Stories.
Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Parents newsletter.
Though Samuel may be too cool for his mother in a party costume, he’s definitely not about to pass up some snuggles.
The mom-of-three — she and ex-husband Ben Affleck also share daughters Seraphina Rose Elizabeth, 10, and Violet Anne, 13 — recently revealed to PEOPLE that she always spends some quality time with her only boy before bedtime.
“I sang to my son last night. I sing putting them to bed every night,” Garner said, adding that her tune of choice would make Kermit the Frog proud.
“I have sung ‘Rainbow Connection’ probably 16 million times but I definitely mix it up,” she shared. “That one is definitely a staple — if all else fails, ‘Rainbow Connection.’ ”
While the former Alias actress is certainly busy in her flourishing career, she always makes time for her kids — in fact, her routine with Samuel is a “part of every night.”
“My son is the last one little enough to still be sung to, although I will whip it out for the others if I feel like they can use a little soothing,” Garner said.
“We’ve read, the lights are out, he’s folded up on me, there’s a favorite blanket, he’s on my lap and I rock him and sing ‘Rainbow Connection,’ ” explained Garner.
“It’s so soothing,” she added. “There’s no better feeling than a little kid in your lap while you rock him and sing to him.”
- Jennifer Garner enjoys flirty beach fun with eligible bachelor Bradley Cooper... after her 'split' from boyfriend John Miller
- Jennifer Garner and John Miller 'split earlier this year' after less than two years of dating
- GUY ADAMS: She was born into fabulous wealth and was the toast of the New York Party set. How DID Ghislaine Maxwell plunge from society darling to be a sleazy 'pimp' and disgrace?
- Strangers give stare when my autistic son has meltdowns – now I’m raising awareness on the one thing that can help
- Flip Or Flop vet Christina Anstead displays a very toned tummy as she models a bikini with a friend on the beach after her 37th birthday
- Truth behind what looked like portrait of one very happy family: Prince of Wales' official 70th birthday family photograph was 'absolute nightmare' because of difficulties with brothers, biography claims
- Who will inherit Steve Bing's fortune (and how much of it is left)? Real estate heir's death could spark fresh feud after his father tried to cut Liz Hurley's son and Lisa Bonder's daughter out of his trust fund
- Robin Williams: The Triumphant Life and Painful Final Days of a Comedic Genius
- 100 Pop-Culture Things That Make You a Millennial
- Steven Soderbergh on Quitting Hollywood, Getting the Best Out of J.Lo, and His Love of
Jennifer Garner Embarrasses Her Son at His 7th Birthday Party By Dressing Up as Movie Character have 794 words, post on people.com at February 28, 2019. This is cached page on World News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.