LET’S be honest – putting together the perfect outfit to wear to your mate’s wedding can be a total fashion minefield.
But while we’re usually too busy trying to figure out whether we can get away with wearing a dress with even a hint of bridal ivory, one wedding guest has taken this age-old fashion dilemma to new extremes with her very daring outfit choice.
Like all great style dilemmas, the woman started out by asking her Facebook friends if she could get away with wearing a black bodycon dress with exposed metallic sides to a wedding.
She wrote: “Have to attend a wedding in about 3 weeks. I own this dress and I’ve never worn it yet.
“Is it too much for a wedding? Or is it possibly appropriate?”
Her post was then shared on the That’s It, I’m Wedding Shaming Facebook group where horrified users have accused the woman of trying to upstage the bride on her big day.
In response to rather daring design, one user wrote: “How could anyone possibly think this dress is wedding appropriate!!”
Another simply added: “Too much. No no no.”
Meanwhile, others have implored the woman to ditch the dress and claim it’s “not at all appropriate for a wedding.”
Fearing it will draw attention away from the bride, a third user wrote: “Don’t do it.
“That dress is just not for a wedding. If you can pull it off, that’s great for you, just don’t wear it to a wedding.”
‘DON’T MAKE MY MISTAKE’
Nurse with cervical cancer posts selfie after ignoring smear invite
SCARRED FOR LIFE
Student’s lip BITTEN OFF by her ex-boyfriend so he could ‘leave his mark’
Single mum dumped after botched £190 microblading left her with FOUR eyebrows
Mum goes inside world’s biggest Primark’s Disney cafe with Mickey balloon wall
Skint sex worker with £400-a-DAY drug habit transforms life to help other addicts
‘Meghan, you can’t claim ‘privacy’ after your baby shower and £30m wedding’
For more wedding horror stories, this wedding guest has been labelled “self-absorbed” for wearing a WHITE maxi dress to her friend’s big day.
And this bride has sparked debate after BANNING a guest from wearing a floral dress to her wedding because it’s “ivory”.
Plus this mum has been slammed after buying a “white” dress to wear to her pal’s wedding reception.
- Wedding guest slammed for wearing white dress leaving newlywed fuming
- Guests reveal wedding bust-ups from a bride’s aunt having sex with best man in the loos to a mid-speech scrap
- Bride ruins £12k dress on wedding day when she 'gambled on fart and lost in big way'
- Ellie Goulding's wedding to Caspar Jopling: Everything you need to know
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding as it happened: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex married in May 2018
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas leave Jodhpur arm-in-arm after Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra's wedding
- Bride left fuming after pal marrying them wore a skin-tight mini-skirt to her wedding
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas 'have 18-FOOT CAKE' at Christian wedding in Indian palace
- Bride who cancelled wedding after fiance cheated slams sister for demanding to wear HER gown
- Brand behind the 'world's most pinned wedding dress' launch gown designed by GROOMS - so would you wear it?
‘Inappropriate’ wedding guest accused of trying to upstage bride by wearing bodycon dress with exposed sides have 591 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 13, 2019. This is cached page on World News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.