LOS ANGELES, Oct. 23 (Xinhua) — A red flag warning was issued for some areas in Southern California due to extreme wildfire risk Thursday and Friday, said the National Weather Service Wednesday.
The red flag warning is going to be in effect from Wednesday night through Friday evening over most of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties as Santa Ana winds bring a new round of high gusts, warm temperatures and low humidity, said the agency.
Peak wind gusts between 45 and 65 mph (72 and 105 km per hour) are expected. Minimum humidities will likely lower well below 10 percent, with maximum temperatures between 87 degrees Fahrenheit and 97 degrees Fahrenheit (about 30.5 degrees Celsius and 36.1 degrees Celsius), according to the National Weather Service Los Angeles.
“A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now… or will shortly,” said the agency. It also urged local residents to use extreme caution with potential fire ignition sources.
More than 308,000 customers in seven counties, namely Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Bernardino, Ventura, Orange, Riverside and Kern counties in Southern California, could face blackouts, according to Southern California Edison, the primary electricity company in Southern California.
- 3 deaths tied to Southern California wildfires, authorities say
- Officials say 3 deaths tied to Southern California wildfires
- Here’s the latest on the California wildfire evacuations
- Red flag fire warning issued for Bay Area amid dry, gusty conditions
- To Avoid More California Wildfires, a Utility Tries Shutting Off the Power
- Kraft Heinz's Accounting Issues Raise Red Flags
- Dying winds bring relief after weeks of California wildfires
- Latest California Wildfire Map Shows Where Fires Are Still Burning
- People recovering from the California wildfires are now scrambling to get ready for rain and potential mudslides
- How to help those affected by the California wildfires and the heroes fighting them
Red flag warning issued for Southern California due to wildfire threat have 286 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on World News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.