New York (CNN Business) Editor’s note: A previous version of this report said Fight for $15 advocate Deatric Edie was currently a manager at a McDonald’s restaurant in Hollywood, Florida, and that she was worried that the restaurant was not prioritizing safety. CNN Business was not able to independently verify that Edie was a McDonald’s manager at the location she provided or that she has been employed at a McDonald’s restaurant since October 2020. McDonald’s did not comment on Edie’s employment status. This article has been updated to reflect that.
The toll of low-wage work in America
Can’t stay home
‘Frontline of the culture wars’
- Bernie Sanders Joins Federal Workers in Strike Calling for Living Wage
- House passes bill easing bids by workers to form unions
- Uber, Airbnb could make gig workers part-owners — if SEC gives OK
- US economy faces impending skills gap
- Kim Kardashian reveals daughter Chicago, two, 'fell out of her high chair' and 'cut her whole face'... as mom of four says the tot needed stitches and has a 'big scar'
- United buys Arizona flight academy to feed pilot pipeline
- Judge denies Uber's, Postmates' request to halt California gig worker law
- 3 inmates facing extradition to US escape Mexican prison
- If EU workers go, will robots step in to pick and pack Britain’s dinners?
- Images show exhausted coronavirus medical staff as thousands sleep in corridors and on chairs during deadly outbreak
The workers who feed America are exhausted. Now they face Omicron have 1645 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 24, 2021. This is cached page on World News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.