Brad Pitt has shared emotional details of his personal life in a recent interview.
Speaking to the latest edition of British GQ, the 58-year-old actor sheds light on psychological aspects of human life as he moved on from the collapse of his five year marriage to Angelina Jolie in 2016.
The Hollywood star said emotional turmoil and deep sadness are an inevitable part of growth, saying: ‘I think all our hearts are broken’.
“I always felt very alone in my life, alone growing up as a kid, alone even out here, and it's really not till recently that I have had a greater embrace of my friends and family,” he added.
‘What's that line, it was either Rilke or Einstein, believe it or not, but it was something about when you can walk with the paradox, when you carry real pain and real joy simultaneously, this is maturity, this is growth.’
The actor spent 18-months attending regular Alcoholics Anonymous meetings while embracing the group’s core principles of abstinence from all mind altering substances, and honesty regarding the nature of addiction in 2016.
‘I had a really cool men's group here that was really private and selective, so it was safe,’ he explained. ‘Because I'd seen things of other people who had been recorded while they were spilling their guts, and that's just atrocious to me.’
‘I don't have that ability to do just one or two a day,’ he said of his past smoking habit. ‘It's not in my makeup. I'm all in. And I'm going to drive into the ground. I've lost my privileges.’
Pitt believes that all of us experience wrenching heartache at some point in our lives, though he himself embraced a life of abstinence that began shortly after his divorce from Jolie in 2016.
- Angelina Jolie shares sweet red carpet moment with daughter Zahara at Variety’s Power of Women awards
- Angelina Jolie on How Her Late Mother Influenced Her Own Parenting: 'I Try to Lead by Example'
- Brad Pitt Opens Up About Post-Angelina Jolie Split
- Angelina Jolie Honors Late Mother with Guerlain Perfume Campaign
- Angelina Jolie & The Weeknd caught on date night in LA- five years after he name-dropped her ex Brad Pitt in hit song
- Adele dedicates concert to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- Brad Pitt in legal row with Angelina Jolie over $164m chateau where they married
- Jennifer Aniston reveals she’s ready for first relationship in years after rumors she’s back together with Brad Pitt
- Angelina Jolie says she's 'not enjoying being single'
- Which A-list Couple Will Ascend Brangelina’s Throne?
Brad Pitt feels 'very alone' after divorce from Angelina Jolie have 439 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on World News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.